Monday, October 26, 2015

The Mantel of Fatherhood...a.k.a: Training :)

So this week has been so long that it was short. That doesn't make sense but it is the only way I can describe it haha. It has been a pretty eventful week so I'll get right down to it! 

Progress:

This week was slower on lessons because of weird time period between coming into the land and getting settled that new missionaries had. The main thing though is that C* is still on date to be baptized:) She is a stud!! Just a all around someone you would want to be around. She is an example to me for sure :)

She will be baptized for sure but her brother wants to come and she wants him to be there so we are just lettlng her figure that out. We are  making sure to be sensitive that it is her baptism and not ours and that we need to let her feel comfortable that we are here to help but that she can make it her day:) But she is doing great!

Sidenote* She was my first lesson that I was to take over as a trainer and it also happened to be very very intense!  I was on the wire to make sure I was being sensitive to everything and even just understanding the Danish. It can be a little frustrating sometime because I really want to be able to answer things but I don't have a full grip on the language yet... but sådan er det!

Language:
It is over 9000! (the few people who get that can laugh;) ) But I'm progressing exponentially now because its all on me to be the one to communicate for us to function in this Danish culture haha. When My new comp (ill get to him in a sec) can't say anything else or doesnt understand, it falls to me to take over. The best part... I can :) I'm very greatful for the gift of tongues because I have been speaking like a champ when I don't think I otherwise would be :) Fun thing though, on Saturday I basically spoke danish the entire day because we woke up and went to go play soccer with some members, then we hurried back to get ready and grab a bite before going to the church to set up for a baptism for a boy in the ward, then we had an eating appointment and then contacting:) So it really showed how much I didnt know I knew because I made it through pretty well:)

My "søn" :) :

He is called Elder Cody Jensen and he is from Oconomowoc Wisconsin. He is a way chill guy! He is very determined to learn danish and go out and serve. He is actually a year older than me and did a year at BYUI so thats fun. He is very good to just go with whatever which I appreciate because there are some missionaries who won't do that. So we have gotten along pretty great and have actually been really busy this past week:) He uses a ton of his free time getting down danish grammar and vocab and is super happy to be here so we have been having a good time! We kinda just train each other because he askes tons of questions that alot of times i am not to certain on so we look things up together haha. Good stuff!!

Here is a little week overview with highlights:

Mandag:
See last entry for the goodbye sadness.... But that night me and Elder Jensen ( a different one who is a HOMIE :) ) and Elder Gardiner (my Mtc comp) were all in a trio and it was nuts. I've never seen more energy in one place and it was so much fun! That energy was what found a very positive potential named I*. She is about 24 and is a student in Odense:) We had a fantastic 30 minute convo with her and she took a Book of Mormon and we bore some strong testimony to her and she could tell that there was something different there (The Spirit was pretty strong:) ) But she said she wants to meet with us and come to the YSA activity on Tuesdays so we will see what comes :) But afterward you would have been amused to watch three 18 year olds with their hearts "filled with joy" let their happiness out across the gå gade at 8:45pm on a monday.... Good Stuff:)

Tirsday: 
Me and Elder Gardiner Were together all day and we really only did bike repairs, visited Vo Long, and Went to CUV. Vo Long has taken to ginving us Cookies and juice now so he is just as happy as ever:) We get to read the Book of Mormon with him to help with pronunciation so its awesome:)

Onsdag:
We got up early to go to KBH befroe we got our new trainees and went to go see the Kristus Statue and the heart of København. Then we took all the new missionaries out to go try contacting:) It was so fun! I can't beleive that was me almost 4 months ago that I was in that spot:) Good times! We then went to the stake center to eat pizza and then get right down to it. We had a short training and then got our new companions! So much fun:)

Torsdag:
We had District meeting followed by district lunch followed by 2 hours of service which turned into dinner, followed by an hour lesson with C* followed by små kage aften.... Way busy day:) Good first day for Elder Jensen though!

Fredag:
Bike problems.... don't want to focus on negative things though ;)

Lørdag:
See language section

Søndag:
We got extra sleep!!! i love daylight savings time! That was the first time on the mish that i was just a little tired ;) haha. But it was a great day! We had church and I got to bless the sacrament in danish and I totally nailed it so I was pretty pleased:) Then we went and had a lunch/dinner eating appointment with the ward mission leader and that night did some fun contacting where we found a girl named Poula who is pretty interested! The work moves forward:)

Other:

I recommend two talks:

1) Remember Lots wife by Jefferey R Holland
2) Truly Good without guile by Micael T Ringwood

well....i recommend more but just start with those two ;)

Also any missionary or future missionary reading this, read "The 4th missionary" by Lawrence E Corbridge:) It will change your attitude:) 

I even got the link for ya:


Also, The wonder kitchen lives on and it produced the first ever banana pancake bread so it does produce good stuff every once in a while ;)

Have an incredible week alle sammen! Be the kind of person your mom hopes you are :)

MKH,
Ældste Jeppson




President and Sister O'Bryant, Elder Cody Jensen from Oconomowoc Wisconsin (3rd Companion), Elder Jeppson 


The Whole new crew! 



The Domkirke where the Kristus statue is. 





Peter
Paul





Elder & Sister Turpin, Sister & President O'Bryant, Elder Jeppson, Elder Poff, Elder Jensen, Elder Amos, Sister Missionaries 

A solid Kobenhavn snapshot




Elder Gardiner, Elder Jacob Jensen, and me- The legend of the Perfect trio....

The District Elders and Elder Turpin

The Wonder Kitchen lives on- Banana Pancake Bread





No comments:

Post a Comment